Fraud Prevention Tips and Videos
Fraud Prevention Tips and Videos:
We have a full playlist of Fraud Prevention Tip Videos
For the full playlist click the link below
Click here to see the full Playlist
Introduction to Security Tips
Device Security Overview
Web Browser Security
Computer & Mobile OS Updates
Business Banking Security
Employee & Insider Fraud
Mail & Wire Scams
Business Loan Scams
Business Insurance Scams
- Never share your banking information or login credentials with someone by phone, text, or email (even when they are told it is someone from your institution). This includes their Username, Password, Security Question Answers, and Out of Band Authentication Codes.
- Set up account alerts, specifically security alerts, to verify and monitor account activity.
- Access your accounts and review all communications shared by your institution on a regular basic.
- Use longer, unique passwords or 12–16-digit password phrases.
- Remember that “too good to be true” deals are just that and usually a scam.
- Fraudsters will play on their emotions and goodness of heart to acquire their personal and financial information.
- Use debit/credit card chip instead of swiping when possible.
- Never respond to OOBA authentication phone calls or text that they did NOT initiate.
- Always store their debit and credit cards in a place that isn’t susceptible to theft.
- Contact your financial institution IMMEDIATELY and change all passwords and security questions if they ever feel their digital credentials or financial information has been compromised.